How To Change LifeStyle

"We are those that we repeat. Excellence is not a work, but a habit." - Aristotle

How To Change LifeStyle
How To Change LifeStyle

If you can choose only one or two (or seven) habits to build in the next few months - then such habits that will have the greatest impact on your life - what will they be?

I am often asked this question because people become overwhelmed when it comes to starting a positive life change.

They ask me: What should they start with one or two habits?

This is not an easy question. There has been a lot of changes to quit smoking and simplify my life and reduce many loans. And they all seemed to be life-changing, and they all seemed important.

But if I had to start again, and had to choose one or two, then it would be one or two listed below. The list after this is in the order that I feel that I do 6-7 months before I change my life ... but realize that every person is different. No one should follow my preference - you have to find out what works for you.

Said that, if you have followed the program given below, and have worked to develop these habits, then you can probably do very well.

"Men's noses are the same; This is the habit that separates them. "- Confucius

How to Develop Habits
I've written about developing habits many times, but here are the basics:

  • Challenge the 30-day, focusing only on one habit.
  • With your motivations, obstacles, and strategies to overcome them, write it on paper.
  • Completely, publicly.
  • Log in to your progress.
  • Be publicly accountable - report your progress each day.
  • Support when you falter - either in real life or online.
  • Every small big success reward
  • If you fail, then understand what went wrong, make a plan for it and try again.

Seven Mint Habits That Can Change Your Life

Ok, so now you know how a habit is made - and remember, do them only at one time - but you want to know about seven small habits. Here they are in my preference order (but you may be different):

1. Develop positive thinking. I put it first because I think this is a keystone habit that will help you create other important habits. Surely, positive thinking brings success only, but it certainly sets a long way to induce you to do other things you need.


I learned this when I gave up smoking - when I allowed myself to think negative thoughts, then I would fail. But when I learned how to remove negative thoughts and think positively instead, I succeeded. This quest led me to practice it again and again until I could not think of any of my habits. This is invaluable for me, and I think it can be for most people.

First, pay attention to this habit, and you will have a much easier time with any other. Start by becoming more aware of your negative self-discussion - do a few tally sheets throughout the day, each time marking a negative idea, marking the tally. Soon you will recognize them, and you can squash them.

2. Exercise. Those who are hearing harp about exercise, they can roll their eyes. Sure, exercise is healthy and that is all, but how is this life really changing? I'm glad you asked:


  • It makes you feel better about yourself, gives more confidence. Which leads to better success with other positive changes.
  • It strengthens the habit of positive thinking - to maintain the exercise you need to think positively.
  • It relieves stress and gives you time to think - this leads to better mental well-being in your life.
  • It helps with creativity. Do not tell me to prove this, except that my best thoughts and thoughts come from the exercise of brainstorming sessions.
Such as:

You will be more effective with your actions and will work more. If you are constantly switching tasks and distracted by other "essential" things, then it is difficult to get important things.
You will be less stressed throughout the day and (in my experience) will be happy throughout your day.

3. Single-Tasking Unlike multi-tasking - you have given me a harp about this in a way. Why is this life-changing? Some powerful reasons:


You will be more effective with your actions and will work more. If you are constantly switching tasks and distracted by other "essential" things, then it is difficult to get important things.
You will be less stressed throughout the day and (in my experience) will be happy throughout your day.

4. Focus on one goal. Just as focusing on one task at a time is more effective, and concentrating on one goal at one time is more effective, so focus on one goal at a time. While it may seem very difficult, focusing on one goal at a time is the most powerful way to achieve your goals. When you try to take many goals together, then you are diluting two important components - your focus and energy to focus your attention.


If you have 5 goals you want to achieve? First, choose one to focus on. If this is a long term goal, then you can complete it this month. You can choose a task today. Keep doing this until the goal is completed - do an action every day, complete the mini-goal, select the next mini-round to work. Then, when your one goal is reached, focus on the next goal.

Some goals are going on - like blogging every day or exercising every day. In those cases, turn them into habits - especially focus on changing the goal into a habit, unless the habit is obstructed. Then focus on the next goal.
'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();